I’ve spent most of my day thinking about what I should write about, so as you can imagine my work day was not productive.I would really like to write about horse treat recipes, products and training tips, but I think that I should blog about those as I do them! Like a how to step by step guide.
Anyway, I have decided to dedicate this post to my goals and aspirations with Red. I don’t ride as much as I used to, I don’t know why, lack of motivation maybe. I need to get back into it, for Red’s sake and I do love riding. I had so many riding friends in England, we would visit each others barn’s and have horsey sleepovers, go to pony camps and have a full day hacking out. Out here I find it harder to meet people, it’s further to travel, making it an expensive day out, and as far as I know there are not to many horse people around my age in his area.
So my goals for this coming show season is to meet people, I’m not in it to win it, I don’t need ribbons and trophies. I would just like to meet people and enjoy my equine hobby.So how do i get there?
- Ride as much as I can, even if it’s for just 10 minutes (It is -25 at times) Little and often is better than nothing.
- Rather than faffing around I am going to make my riding sessions productive!
- Stop arguing with my mum when she gives me riding lessons, although I think it’s a mother daughter thing that we have going on
- Youtube Its full of horse help
- Spend as much time with Red as possible, hanging out with her is just as important as my time in the saddle.
Overall just keep doing what I’m doing but with a bit more motivation, yes even kicking my butt out of the house on a lovely cold -35 winter day, Red is worth all of the cold nights and snowy days.